Techniques of Financial Analysis
|Course Name||Techniques of Financial Analysis|
April 3, 2017 - April 7, 2017
Monday - Wednesday
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Thursday - Friday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This course provides the participants with the basic concepts and tools used in analyzing and interpreting financial data. Specifically, the course is meant to assist professionals involved in making credit decisions evaluate the credit worthiness of credit applicants using financial statements and other relevant financial information. Specific analytical tools and related financial concepts are likewise discussed from the investment decision-making viewpoint.
After the course, you will:
1. Learn the various tools and techniques in analyzing financial reports, understanding which of these tools and techniques are applicable to specific situations;
2. Recognize the interrelationships among financial statement numbers and other related reports, and perform an accurate and comprehensive analysis thereof; and
3. Draw intelligent conclusions therefrom and critically evaluate subject’s financial performance.
|Who should attend||
Bank account officers, credit analysts and branch managers with lending functions will benefit the most from this course in line with their continuing professional skills development. Those in other industries involved in analyzing and approving credits will likewise benefit from this course.
The course, which employs lectures, interactive discussions, and practical application exercises, covers the following areas:
I. Accounting and financial reporting overview
- Conceptual framework of accounting and financial reporting
- Basic accounting concepts and principles
- Financial reporting rules (PAS, IAS, PFRS, IFRS)
II. Diagnostic evaluation of financial statements
- Understanding financial statements
- Critical areas of analysis
- Common danger signals
- Performance measures by area and viewpoint
III. Techniques of financial analysis
- Overview of financial statement analysis
- Comparative statement analysis
- Recognizing the symptoms of business failure
- Financial statement recasting and validation techniques
- Analysis caveats
IV. Summary exercises and case studies
|Mr. Larry S. Esguerra IV||
is the Director for Credit Programs at the Ateneo-BAP Institute of Banking, the Program Director for Finance at the Ateneo Center for Continuing Education, and a professor of Finance at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business.
"Ateneo is very serious in providing quality education. The institution gives you your money's worth."
- Julie Christine C. Tenazas Resource Development Associate, People's Credit and Finance Corporation
"A well of knowledge I have found here in Ateneo CCE. Never a dull moment yet all topics, information and other information were great! Great experience."
- Julius Escala Finance Analyst, Psalm Corp.
"Mr. Larry Esguerra IV showed expertise and he is an excellent choice as resource speaker for the training."
- Auralyn Lourdes M. Vergara Sr. Research Specialist, Philippine National Oil Company