20th Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Program
Canceled due to COVID-19 pandemic
Early Eagle Rate:
March 06, 2020
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is the key change agent for the Six Sigma process - leading teams to organizational and financial improvement where it is needed most.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Training is an intensive 16-day training program in quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, project management, group dynamics, team building, and change management.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is conferred to participants who successfully pass the examination and project.
Successful participant will:
- Identify the DMAIC steps and their sequence along with the outputs of and tools in each step;
- DEFINE his/her project’s purpose and scope and get background on the process and the customer;
- In MEASURE, focus his/her improvement efforts by gathering information on the current situation;
- In ANALYZE, identify root causes and confirm them with data;
- In IMPROVE, develop, try out, and implement solutions that address root causes and use data to evaluate your solutions and the plans used to carry them out;
- CONTROL the process and maintain gains by standardizing work, methods or processes, anticipating future improvements, and preserving the lessons from your project;
- Learn how to lead a team through the DMAIC method and train team members on the steps, outputs, tools, and approaches; and
- Describe and apply advanced statistical tools in support of the DMAIC method, define project team roles, and responsibilities.
- Introduction: Why Six Sigma?
- Overview: DMAIC - The Process Improvement Method
- DEFINE: Starting your project, process basics, understanding the voice of the customer
- MEASURE: Data collection
- Meeting skills
- Communication skills
- Facilitating discussions
- Project presentations
- MEASURE: Data Analysis I, Data Analysis II, Determining Process Sigma, Process Analysis
- ANALYZE: Identifying potential causes verifying causes, normal theory, hypothesis testing
- Facilitating decision making
- Project presentations
- ANALYZE: Hypothesis Testing, Regression Analysis I, Regression Analysis II, Design of Experiments
- IMPROVE: Generating and selecting solutions
- Group dynamics
- Understanding conflicts
- Project presentation
- IMPROVE: Generating and selecting solutions, implementing solutions, evaluation results
- CONTROL: Standardization methods and training, process monitoring and control
- Communication and future plans
- Case studies
Ms. Anamaria M. Mercado (Six Sigma)
is a certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean Practitioner. She received her certification after six weeks of training in the US and a two-year full-time assignment as a Six Sigma Deployment Manager. She is also the Program Director of Six Sigma Certification Programs at the Ateneo Graduate School - Center for Continuing Education.
As a Deployment Manager, she helped launch the continuous improvement initiative in her former company. She managed multiple projects across the organization, improving process performance and customer satisfaction while delivering financial benefits.
Further, she has professional experience in sales and marketing management, as well as in training and development. Over the years, Ms. Mercado has concentrated on providing training and coaching services to various clients across industries, particularly in the areas of business process improvement and service excellence.
Ms. Mercado has a degree in Business Economics and post-graduate units in Professional Education from the University of the Philippines. She also holds a Masters degree in Business Administration from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business.
"I was able to apply the learnings taught in the classroom which made me a better project manager. The program experience was totally enriching as I was not only able to learn new things but gained new friends. If you want a more organized and structured decision-making or solving process, this is the one for you."
Abigail Marie D. Casanova
"Business needs precision. Six Sigma Black Belt Program of Ateneo will get you there!"
Global Sky Communications Center Inc.
"The course helped me apply the rigors of statistics to ensure process improvement initiatives will translate to breakthrough projects with financial results for your company. An Ateneo CCE Black Belt Certification is another star on your value to your company."
Teletech Customer Management