Applied HR for Line Leaders (Clark Campus)
Cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic
Monday - Tuesday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Ateneo Graduate School of Business - Clark Campus
Bertaphil, Ground Floor Unit 5 Clark Center 09, Jose Abad Santos Avenue, Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga
Early Eagle Rate:
The management of manpower, the most important asset, has been entrusted to every leader in the organization regardless of position or title. Such a responsibility is shared with the Human Resource (HR) Unit in order to achieve an effective utilization or maximization of the human asset within prescribed guidelines and policies. But such partnership has not been successful in many companies due to several factors, such as:
- Lack of alignment and poor understanding of the responsibilities by the leaders;
- Inadequate skills of leaders to implement HR systems;
- Untimely or lack of communication of concerns between partners; and
- Absence of trust and openness between HR and line leaders.
Applied HR for Line Leaders intends to respond to all these difficulties from the point of view of officers, managers, supervisors, and team leaders. By providing the necessary skills and clear understanding of the roles, a harmonious working relationship will be attained. This will benefit the leaders, team members, and organization as a whole.
Who should attend
This program is designed for line executives, managers, supervisors, and team leaders, who work hand in hand with HR to implement its systems, policies, and procedures. HR personnel who design and monitor policies may also attend to have a clearer understanding of the responsibilities and challenges of line leaders.
After the course, you will:
- Gain a basic understanding of sales leadership and its relation to management;
- Internalize the 7 characteristics of highly successful Sales managers;
- Recognize the need for Creative thinking in sales and how to stimulate it by using various tools;
- Be able to examine the different sales leadership styles, models, and when to apply them;
- Be able to differentiate group vs individual decision-making and their nuances; and
- Get a good grasp of the fundamentals in developing the necessary plans, tools, and measures to ensure achievement of sales key deliverables.
- Role of supervisors and managers: Plan, Lead, Organize, Control (PLOC)
- 7 Characteristics of highly successful sales leaders
- Situational leadership in sales management
- Training the sales leader: Explain, Demo, Apply, Critique (EDAC)
- Creative thinking module
- Stimulating creative thinking
- 4Ps of creativity
- Different types of thinkers
- Managing different types of thinkers
- The 6 thinking hats
- Sales decision-making principles
- Sales leadership - What it is?
- Group decision making (types, assets, and liabilities)
- Evolution of a group: Life cycle and facilitation
- Organizational learning
- Leadership style concepts and models
- Sales strategy: Development and deployment system
Mr. Rogerick P. Fermin
has a successful general management experience across several industries, with solid track record of growing revenues and profitability of businesses in start-up and expansion mode. Currently, he is the Senior Vice President for Business Development and Central Sales at Metropac Movers, Inc.
Prior to this, he was the General Manager of Concept Foods Marketing Corp and Sales Director of Turris Phils Inc. and Leysam Commercial, Inc; Business Development Management and Consultant of Starigrad Inc.; President and Head of the Office of the Chairman of My Solid Technologies and Devices Corp.; President of My|Phone; Country General Manager for Brightstar Logistics Philippines Pte., Ltd.; and Department Manager of the Food Products Division at Diethelm Keller Siber-Hegner (Thailand) Consumer Goods;
Mr. Fermin has a Bachelors degree in Economics from the Ateneo de Manila University.
Mr. Ronald Zialcita
has extensive experience in sales and distribution in the consumer goods industry, and the highlights of which have been on 1) general sales management, 2) sales training and development, and 3) operations management of distributors.
His sales career had been with Procter & Gamble, starting as an ex-truck salesman, and from there he had increasing responsibilities in field sales management covering major wholesalers and the modern trade (key accounts). He further moved on to becoming Sales Training Manager for Philippines/Indonesia, and eventually Thailand.
He progressed through heading the sales organizations of Universal Robina Corporation, Sampoerna International, Sara Lee Philippines, Wella Philippines, and Unisell Corporation.
He has been doing consulting work on sales training and development with companies in the home/personal care, automotive consumables, industrial adhesives, agri-feeds, telco, industrial equipment parts, and apparel industries.
He has a Business Administration degree from Adamson University.