Brand Management: Creating, Building, Measuring, and Managing Brands
May 20, 2020 - May 23, 2020
Wednesdays - Thursdays
5:30 pm - 4:30 pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
Early Eagle Rate:
May 06, 2020
Businesses depend on successful brands and successful brands require focus to continue responding to its target market, investment to ensure revitalizing life cycles and consistency to build them long-term. But how do you create brands that engage consumers? What makes brands strong?
This course is designed to make the participant go through the journey of creating, building, measuring and managing brands by providing an over overview of the basic principles and frameworks for brand management through topic lectures, hands-on exercises and a brand audit group exercise.
Who should attend
- Grounding for new marketing practitioners
- Refresher for mid-level to senior marketing managers
- Appreciation for non-marketer, senior managers and decision makers exposed to brand management and marketing functions gearing for general management and senior leadership.
After this course, you will:
1. Differentiate between products and brands;
2. Gain an understanding of how brands are created for specific consumer segment;
3. Learn the 7 P's of brand management;
4. Learn how brands go through life cycles and the tools that can be used to determine next steps; and
5. Learn how brand performance and strength are measured.
I. Definitions and Importance
A. The difference between brands and products
B. The value of brands
C. What is brand management? Why is it important?
II. Creating a brand
A. Review of STP
B. The brand identity prism review
C. Creating a coherent brand identity
III. Understanding the new marketing funnel
A. What Makes Brands Go Viral?
IV. Managing Brands
A. Understanding the context of the brands
1. 5C’s and PESTLE analysis
B. The 7P’s of Brands
C. Life Cycles and portfolio analysis
1. BCG matrix
2. Arthur D little matrix
D. Surviving the life cycle
1. Brand repositioning
2. Brand extensions and brand architecture
3. Brand innovation
V. Measuring Brands
A. Key Brand Metrics
3. Brand equity measures
B. Basic research tools
C. How brand decisions affect the P&L
Ms. Gold Tantoco
is the Founder of and Managing Consultant at Idea M Innovation, Design and Marketing Consultancy as well as the President of Prism Gallery.
Ms. Tantoco has over 30 years of solid multi-brand and multi-country Marketing and General Management experience from various local and multinational companies such as Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo, SC Johnson & Son, Inc., Jollibee Foods Corporation, Century Pacific Food, Inc. and Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. Throughout her career, she received various marketing and innovation awards and for outstanding advertising and public relations campaigns for the brands she worked on.
She graduated from the University of the Philippines with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Magna Cum Laude) and units towards a Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Industrial Design degree. She also received a Master of Business Administration degree from the same university where she graduated Salutatorian of the class.