The Business Process Improvement Toolbox (Cebu Satellite Campus)
Venue: Ateneo Graduate School of Business - Cebu Campus GF Cebu Holdings Center, Cebu Business Park, Cebu City
Early Eagle Rate:
The Business Process Improvement Toolbox enables you to use process thinking to improve, monitor and control the processes in which you work.
This course will include the basics of process mapping at different levels of the organization and will highlight the importance of managing and improving processes to achieve department and company goal, anchored on the voice of the customer (internal and external).
Who should attend
The following will benefit most in this program:
- Managers and supervisors
- Quality officers and team members
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the goals and benefits of
- process thinking
- process analysis
- process improvement
- process management
- Describe the levels of processes in an organization
- Describe the uses of process maps
- Construct and analyze:
- SIPOC Process Map
- Activity / Linear Process Map
- Deployment / Cross-Functional Process Map
- Opportunity Process Map
- Identify and operationally define Process Metrics
- Conduct a process mapping meeting
- Describe, identify, minimize and eliminate Process Waste
- Identify customer requirements of the process
- Describe how to quantify improvements made
- Introduction to Process Thinking
- Process Basics: High-level Process Mapping
- What is a Process?
- The SIPOC Analysis
- Voice of the Customer and its link to Process Improvement
- Determining Process Metrics and Setting Goals
- Process Analysis
- Detailed Process Mapping
- Activity (Linear) Process Map
- Deployment (Cross-functional) Process Map
- Process Waste
- Opportunity Process Map (determining Value Adding Steps and Non-Value Adding Steps)
- Process Complexities
- Gaps and Bottlenecks
- Cycle Time
- Standardization and Replication
- Process Management & Excellence
- Process Management Charts
- Sustaining the Gains
Ms. Anamaria M. Mercado
is a certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean Practitioner. She received her certification after six weeks of training in the US and a two-year full-time assignment as a Six Sigma Deployment Manager. She is also the Program Director of Six Sigma Certification Programs at the Ateneo Graduate School - Center for Continuing Education.
As a Deployment Manager, she helped launch the continuous improvement initiative in her former company. She managed multiple projects across the organization, improving process performance and customer satisfaction while delivering financial benefits.
Further, she has professional experience in sales and marketing management, as well as in training and development. Over the years, Ms. Mercado has concentrated on providing training and coaching services to various clients across industries, particularly in the areas of business process improvement and service excellence.
Ms. Mercado has a degree in Business Economics and post-graduate units in Professional Education from the University of the Philippines. She also holds a Masters degree in Business Administration from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business.