Communicate with Impact
Early Eagle Rate:
Regardless of what business you are in - a large corporation, a small company or even a home-based business - superior speaking skills are essential for success.
Communicate with Impact helps you understand effective speaking, and then shows you how to communicate your message in the best possible way. It is designed to provide information and background on spoken communication in a variety of settings (relationships, groups, and public), and in situations where we must make public presentations. This two-day program provides innovative instruction to help refine personal speaking styles. It presents an opportunity for you to see yourself as whole person with a proper appreciation of yourself as a speech communicator, both as a source and a receiver.
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for all professionals, supervisors, managers, and staff who want to enhance their oral communication skills.
After the course, you will have an enhanced understanding of:
- The variables that affect and effect Speech Communication;
- The fundamental skills that are essential for effective speaking;
- The habits of mind that improve thinking skills; and
- The dynamic relationship between speaker and audience.
- You as a Communication Medium
- Making a great first impression
- The importance of removing barriers
- Like ability and credibility
- Fundamentals in Speaking
- The visual aspect: The person seen
- The vocal aspect: The person heard
- The verbal aspect: The person understood
- Speaking Relationship
- One-to-one: Dyadic communication
- Small group communication
- Audience communication
- Putting it All Together
- Portrayal of communication situations
Ms. Ma. Socorro "Baby" P. Jamias
is a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach, a learning and development facilitator, and a capability-building consultant. She works with the academe, government, various businesses, and diverse private organizations. Her expertise includes start-ups, people-skills development, performance improvement, talent management, leadership and managerial centering.
Ms. Jamias was a faculty member of Far Eastern University, University of Sto. Tomas, Maryknoll (now Miriam) College, St. Joseph's College, and Ateneo de Manila.
She has a Certificate in Organization Development from the Ateneo Human Resources Center. She completed her Master of Arts degree in Linguistics at the Ateneo de Manila University. She likewise took graduate studies in Education, Drama, and Speech at the University of the Philippines, University of Sto. Tomas, and Ateneo de Manila University respectively.
Currently, she is Program Director of the Happiness at Work Series and the Communication Excellence Series of the Ateneo Center for Continuing Education.