June 18, 2020 - June 20, 2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Early Eagle Rate:
June 04, 2020
In today's highly dynamic and progressive market, there is a need to understand and manage a vital sales channel of most companies called Distributors vis-à-vis Key Accounts. These distributors who are extensions of the company require a unique set of skills and appreciation from sales to be managed properly and effectively.
This course provides the learning of vital skills for managing a distributor as it is a vital route-to-market strategy component of a company. It goes through the process on how to assess the distributor's operational capabilities, help build its business, assist in managing its day-to-day operations, and monitor its performance for business results.
Overall, it emphasizes what the company's representative to the distributor should be doing and how to do them well. And this is made even more critical because the distributor is the company's secondary organization and as such, its representative should possess a unique set of skills for the effective and efficient handling of the distributor.
Who should attend
- Distributor Sales - Specialists/Managers - National Sales Managers
- Distributor Channel Managers
- General Managers
After the course, you will:
- Understand and define who and what distributors are vis-a-vis principals. Why do we need them?;
- Understand the challenges, pressures and issues distributors face in their operations;
- Appreciate and apply the ABAM model in Managing Distributors;
- Identify and differentiate the various Distributor models in the industry and see their advantages/disadvantages; and
- Acquire needed and critical learning in the management of distributors.
- Who is a Distributor?
- Who is a Principal?
- Challenges and issues- distributor and principal
- Key attributes of highly successful distributor managers
- Tools for Managing Distributors: ABAM Model
- Distributor selection criteria
- Performance scorecard
- Planning and analysis
- Strategy development and deployment
- Situational leadership
- ICO Management
- Payout efficiency using ROPI
- Distribution models: A Review
- Business review: Persuasive selling format
Mr. Rogerick P. Fermin
has a successful general management experience across several industries, with solid track record of growing revenues and profitability of businesses in start-up and expansion mode. Currently, he is the Senior Vice President for Business Development and Central Sales at Metropac Movers, Inc.
Prior to this, he was the General Manager of Concept Foods Marketing Corp and Sales Director of Turris Phils Inc. and Leysam Commercial, Inc; Business Development Management and Consultant of Starigrad Inc.; President and Head of the Office of the Chairman of My Solid Technologies and Devices Corp.; President of My|Phone; Country General Manager for Brightstar Logistics Philippines Pte., Ltd.; and Department Manager of the Food Products Division at Diethelm Keller Siber-Hegner (Thailand) Consumer Goods;
Mr. Fermin has a Bachelors degree in Economics from the Ateneo de Manila University.
Mr. Ronald Zialcita
has an extensive experience in sales and distribution in the consumer goods industry. His core competencies are in general sales management, sales training and development, and operations management of distributors. He is a consultant in sales training and development with companies in the home and personal care, automotive consumables, adhesives, agri-feeds, and apparel industries.
His career includes being assigned as Sales Training Manager in Indonesia and Thailand. He also worked for different organizations, such as: Universal Robina Corporation, Sampoerna International, Sara Lee Philippines, Wella Philippines, and Unisell Corporation.
Mr. Zialcita earned his Bachelors degree in Business Administration from Adamson University.