Leading Change: Critical Success Factors
Early Eagle Rate:
Change is the only constant - and this is truer now than ever before. Managers have to be able to cope with external change, while leading their people to implement internal changes.
But what does successful change leadership require?
Leading Change: Critical Success Factors identifies the success factors and develops your leadership skills and abilities in initiating and leading change.
In this 2-day training course, you increase your awareness of your capabilities to handle change and what you need to develop to become a successful change leader. You then apply the critical success factors toward crafting a change leadership plan, applied to an actual change event in the workplace.
Leading Change: Critical Success Factors is one of the three courses in the Leading for Competitive Advantage Series. The other courses in the Series are:
Leading Strategic Execution
Strategic Systems Thinking: Creating Competitive Advantage
Who should attend
The course is appropriate for anyone in a management or supervisory position who can participate in leading organizational change.
After the course, you will:
- Create development plans for your personal leadership growth
- Identify specific leadership skills and model behaviors that spell success in implementing change
- Apply a change plan to an actual change event in your workplace.
- Your Ability to Lead People
- Leadership styles
- The measurement of a leader
- The five exemplary practices of leadership
- Your leadership growth areas
- Your Capability to Handle Change
- Your capability to handle change
- Psychological test
- Dealing with adversity
- Increase your change readiness
- Your Ability to Empower People to Successfully Implement Change
- Preparing to lead change
- Why change efforts fail
- Communicating in a time of change
- Dealing with resistance
- Increasing your team’s ability to handle change
- Your Ability to Effectively Plan a Change Event
- Outlining the goals of a change event
- Mapping current state versus future state
- Navigating transitions
- Building allies and getting buy-in
- Dealing with related effects
The course is delivered using a variety of methods:
- Concept presentations
- Structured learning exercises
- Small-group and large-group discussions
- Case examples
- Psychological test
- Film excerpts
- Team-based change plan projects
Dr. Jet F. Magsaysay
is the Program Director for the Leadership and Management Development Program of the Ateneo Graduate School of Business Center for Continuing Education (CCE), and is President of Strategic Directions, Inc., a strategy- and management-consulting firm.
As a strategy and organizational development consultant, he has guided leading corporations in the Philippines and Southeast Asia in developing their visions and strategies, and in building their organizational capabilities.
As a program director he has conceptualized and customized leadership and management programs for diverse clients. As a trainer-educator, he has designed and facilitated courses in strategy, execution, leadership, and management skills. He is Curriculum Director for JFC University, and a lecturer at Kyoto University’s Asia Business Leader Programme, where he teaches Business Planning and Leadership Skills.
As a corporate executive, he has managed business units in the Philippines, in China, and across Asia, in the investment banking, publishing, and consulting industries.
He has a BSc. in Industrial Management Engineering from De La Salle University, a Master in Management (with Distinction) degree from the Asian Institute of Management, and a Ph.D. in Leadership Studies, major in Organizational Development, at the Ateneo De Manila University.
“It was insightful, realistic and balanced between theory and practice.”
-Michaelangelo Chua, Senior Communication & Culture Traine
“Despite having participants from different fields and industries, the program was able to involve, everyone through its simplicity and excellent delivery”
-PJ Agregado, Senior Trainer 24/7 Customer Phils.
"The flow of the program was simple and easy to follow, so it was also easy for me to apply it directly on the change-initiative I have in mind. We got so many inputs in leadership as well. Major bonus for us!"
-Josie May de Castro,Organization Change Manager Coca-Cola Bottlers Phils., Inc.