Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training (Sta. Rosa Campus)
August 27, 2019 - August 28, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Ateneo Graduate School of Business-Sta. Rosa Satellite
2F Paseo 3A Building, Brgy. Don Jose,
Paseo de Sta. Rosa, Sta. Rosa City, Laguna, Philippines
Early Eagle Rate:
August 13, 2019
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training is a two-day introductory program that covers the basic principles of Lean and Six Sigma. Yellow Belts participate in process improvement activities by providing support to Black Belts and Green Belts as needed. They understand the fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma and support projects with process knowledge and data collection.
Who should attend
Anyone who plans to participate, contribute, or support Lean Six Sigma initiatives.
At the end of this program, you will:
- Understand the basic principles of Lean, Six Sigma and the DMAIC methodology and their contributions to process improvement initiatives;
- Identify Lean Six Sigma projects in their respective work area;
- Learn the basics of data collection to support Lean Six Sigma projects; and
- Become more effective contributors in brainstorming and problem-solving sessions through the proper use of knowledge-based tools such as process maps, fishbone diagrams and prioritization matrices
- DEFINE: Define a project's purpose and scope, and get background on the process and the customer
- Lean Six Sigma introduction
- Drafting a project charter
- Process basics (SIPOC diagram)
- Understanding the voice of the customer (CTQs, Kano model)
- MEASURE: Focus your improvement efforts by gathering information on the current situation
- Data collection basics (stratification, operational definitions)
- ANALYZE: Identify root causes
- Process analysis (identifying non-value adding activities or waste)
- Root cause analysis (fishbone diagram, 5 whys)
- IMPROVE: Develop and implement solutions that address the root causes
- Generating and selecting solutions (prioritization matrix)
- Implementing solutions and measuring results
- CONTROL: Maintain the gains of the improvement
- Monitoring the process
Ms. Anamaria M. Mercado (Six Sigma)
is a certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean Practitioner. She received her certification after six weeks of training in the US and a two-year full-time assignment as a Six Sigma Deployment Manager. She is also the Program Director of Six Sigma Certification Programs at the Ateneo Graduate School - Center for Continuing Education.
As a Deployment Manager, she helped launch the continuous improvement initiative in her former company. She managed multiple projects across the organization, improving process performance and customer satisfaction while delivering financial benefits.
Further, she has professional experience in sales and marketing management, as well as in training and development. Over the years, Ms. Mercado has concentrated on providing training and coaching services to various clients across industries, particularly in the areas of business process improvement and service excellence.
Ms. Mercado has a degree in Business Economics and post-graduate units in Professional Education from the University of the Philippines. She also holds a Masters degree in Business Administration from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business.