Market Insighting: Finding and Understanding Your Consumer Needs
July 07, 2018 - July 14, 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Early Eagle Rate:
Management practitioners know that to create impactful strategies they need to respond to their customers' needs and differentiate from their competitors' strategies and strengths. Unfortunately, customers' cannot easily articulate, let alone identify the needs and motivations that influence their purchase behaviors. Needfinding and Sensemaking are acts of discovering people's explicit and implicit needs and comprehending why certain companies resonate better with customers.
In this course, you will learn and practice a new kind of consumer and market insighting that is anchored on human sciences like psychology and anthropology instead of hard sciences. These disciplines have developed effective ways to understand how people experience themselves and their environments.
In the end, you will not only identify new market insights and opportunities, you also emerge with a more profound understanding of your customers and competitors.
Who should attend
- Strategists, executives, and entrepreneurs
- Brand managers and marketing executives
- Creative practitioners and social entrepreneurs
After the course, you will:
- Generate strategic consumer insights based on identifying unsatisfied and deep seated needs and wants;
- Unlock and decode non-articulated and unconscious psychological imprints that influence consumer behavior;
- Identify the specific strategies and programs of your competitor’s that resonate with customers;
- Identify the vulnerabilities and weaknesses of your competitors; and
- Develop new ways to segment your customers and competitors.
- Consumer Insighting via Sociology Anthropology / Ethnography
- Understanding the various steps and touch points of your customer's journey from decision making to purchasing and using
- Identifying consumer workarounds, irritants and thoughtless acts
- Understanding the socio-cultural history of your product and industry
- II. Consumer Insighting via Psychology
- Decoding the psychological imprints that drive customer motivation and behaviors
- Projective techniques that reveal the customer's unconscious needs
- Various models of customer needs
- III. Competitor Insighting via Archetypes
- Using psychological archetypes to decode competitors' strengths and weaknesses
Mr. Aaron A. Palileo
is the author of the book “Connect / Disconnect: How to be a Creative and Innovative Opportunity Seeker.” He is co-founder of Bootleg Innovation Design, a consumer insighting and creative strategizing consulting firm. He interviews creative practitioners and does extensive research on whole brain management, creativity, and innovation.
He is also an Associate Guru at the ACE Center for Entrepreneurship; and Faculty at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business and Ateneo De Manila University’s John Gokongwei School of Management. As a management educator and consultant, he has worked with various service-oriented entities, non-profit organizations, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCGs), business-to-business (B2Bs), small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), publicly traded firms, and local & multinational entities.
Further, he is an experienced marketer and has managed various products, such as: Clipper Super Lighters, Bic Lighters, Chupa Chups Lollipops, Smint Mint, and Gingerbon Candy. He is also a photographer and has exhibited his works in some of the country’s top art galleries.
Mr. Palileo acquired his Bachelors degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, minor in Business and Communications from the Ateneo de Manila University. He took a Masters degree in Business Management from the Asian Institute of Management, with a double major in Marketing and Entrepreneurship.