Preparing to Lead
August 07, 2019 - August 08, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Early Eagle Rate:
July 24, 2019
Let's face it - what you did to succeed as an individual contributor, will not make you a successful manager in charge of others. Making the step up from individual contributor, to becoming a leader and a manager, is a big shift - both in terms of mindset and skills. First time managers need to be equipped with the right skills and practices to ensure success - both on an individual, and on a team level.
This course serves to equip new leaders, managers, high-potential employees, and those aspiring for a managerial position, basic knowledge and skills to help them become effective at leading, managing successful teams of people. This 2-day program will focus on main mindsets, skills, tools, and knowledge, to help manage the transition to becoming an effective manager.
Who should attend
New leaders, managers, high-potential employees, and those aspiring for a managerial position
At the end of the workshop the participants will be able to:
- Understand the role, and the expectations of managers;
- Be equipped with theories and practices essential to leading today's modern workforce and;
- Apply fundamental skills needed to lead people and teams.
- Understanding Expectations of a Leader
- Making the shift to a manager
- The expectations of people of their manager
- Key Elements of Managing and Leading
- The roles of a manager
- The mindsets of an effective manager
- The Role of Communication
- The elements of effective communication
- Communication skills as a manager
- Coaching as a Manager
- Key conversations you want to have
- Introduction to a coaching approach
- Driving Performance and Building Accountability
- What is effective feedback, and how to give it
- The importance of starting with the self
Mr. Fredric Lipio
is a Gallup- Certified Strengths and Certified Transformative Coach, Consultant, and Facilitator of Performance and Transformational Coaching for various clients.
Prior to this, he held other posts, such as: Program Officer at Landbank Countryside Development Foundation; Internal Audit Manager at Armel Plastic Co., Inc; and Training Consultant of Creative Human Resources at One Core, among others.
Mr. Lipio earned his Bachelor's degree in Management from the Ateneo de Manila University. He also completed Strategic Human Resource Management from the University of the Philippines-Institute for Small Scale Industries (UP-ISSI), Transformative Coaching from Coach Masters Academy, Accelerated Strengths Coaching Course, and High Performance Management from Gallup, Inc.