Strategic Systems Thinking: Creating Competitive Advantage
March 23, 2020 - March 24, 2020
Monday - Tuesday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Early Eagle Rate:
March 09, 2020
The world of business is changing rapidly and discontinuously. To cope with today’s challenges, and help their companies achieve competitive advantage, managers have to be outward-looking and be able to think strategically.
Strategic Systems Thinking: Creating Competitive Advantage equips you with the skills to meet those challenges. The course guides you in (a) thinking systematically, to see the big picture of your companies beyond your functional silos, and in (b) becoming more strategic in your outlook and in your work, thereby adding value to your job and to those of your team members.
Who should attend
The course is appropriate for managers and supervisors who are involved in developing and/or implementing corporate and functional strategies.
After the course, you will:
- Relate three laws of systems thinking to your own organization and/or experience;
- Apply strategic thinking models to your own organization; and
- Create a framework based on three strategies, applied to your own organization and functional unit.
- Systems Thinking: How to ensure that your plans encompass the whole system of your company
- Develop a big picture systems perspective
- Understand three laws of systems thinking
- Map out the work of a strategist
- Match external opportunities and internal changes
- Strategic Thinking: How to participate in strategy creation
- Analyze your company’s industry
- Analyze the five environments of your company
- Analyze your company’s internal capabilities
- Craft corporate strategies
- Use the TOWS Matrix
- Use the Growth Matrix
- Strategic Thinking: How to be more strategic in your job
- Craft functional strategies that align with corporate strategies
- Create strategic connections between your units and other units
- Add strategic value to your job
- Integration: How to apply systems thinking to strategies
- Measure strategic success
- Apply systems thinking to strategies
Dr. Jet F. Magsaysay
is the Program Director for the Leadership and Management Development Program of the Ateneo Graduate School of Business Center for Continuing Education (CCE), and is President of Strategic Directions, Inc., a strategy- and management-consulting firm.
As a strategy and organizational development consultant, he has guided leading corporations in the Philippines and Southeast Asia in developing their visions and strategies, and in building their organizational capabilities.
As a program director he has conceptualized and customized leadership and management programs for diverse clients. As a trainer-educator, he has designed and facilitated courses in strategy, execution, leadership, and management skills. He is Curriculum Director for JFC University, and a lecturer at Kyoto University’s Asia Business Leader Programme, where he teaches Business Planning and Leadership Skills.
As a corporate executive, he has managed business units in the Philippines, in China, and across Asia, in the investment banking, publishing, and consulting industries.
He has a BSc. in Industrial Management Engineering from De La Salle University, a Master in Management (with Distinction) degree from the Asian Institute of Management, and a Ph.D. in Leadership Studies, major in Organizational Development, at the Ateneo De Manila University.