Technical Writing Skills
September 09, 2019 - September 10, 2019
Monday - Tuesday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Early Eagle Rate:
August 27, 2019
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.” - Albert Einstein
Technical writing skill has become a requirement for success in the workplace.
This course is for professionals who need to upgrade their professional writing—from the usual business written communication (i.e. letters, memos, e-mails) to more highly specialized documents (i.e. proposals, reports, policies & procedures).
This is the advanced course in the Professional Writing Program.
Who should attend
Professionals whose work involves the preparation of technical or specialized documents.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define what technical writing is, including its varieties and applications;
- Evaluate effective technical writing in terms of clarity, conciseness, accessibility, accuracy, and audience awareness; and
- Write more effective and purposeful technical documents.
- Why Technical Writing
- Definition and rationale
- Technical writing vs. other forms of writing
- Traits of high-impact technical writing
- Audience awareness
- Forms and Formats of Technical Writing
- Proposals and recommendations
- Informative reports (periodic, progress, summary & abstract)
- Investigative reports (incident, study)
- Instructions and manuals
- Policies and procedures
- Others (as required by majority of participants)
Mr. John P. Tigno
is a Learning & Organizational Development Professional who has more than 18 years of experience working in various industries.
Currently, he is a Learning & Organizational Development Consultant for Rebisco Biscuit Corporation; an HR Training Consultant for DMCI Homes Project Developers Inc.; and a Training Consultant for Design Development International (DDI). He is also a Faculty Member of the Ateneo Language Learning Center (ALLC) and the Development Academy of the Philippines (DAP).
Mr. Tigno earned his Bachelor's Degree in Communication Arts from the Ateneo de Manila University and Master's Degree in Industrial Relations and Human Resource Development from the University of the Philippines - Diliman. He received his Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA) from the University of Cambridge."