Advanced Balanced Scorecard
Cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic
Early Eagle Rate:
Over the past few decades, organizations have come to realize that success in business can not only be measured in terms of financial outcomes. A huge portion of the company's assets are intangible like a company's brand, customer mindset, the processes and procedures, the knowledge base created by employees and training initiatives. Hence, organizations need a tool to help them measure this expanded definition of success. The Balanced Scorecard is the answer to this need.
The Balanced Scorecard is more than just a new measurement system. It is now used as the central/core framework for management processes. As a strategic planning and management system, it is used extensively in business and industry, government, and nonprofit organizations worldwide. It aligns business activities to the vision and strategy of your organization, improve internal and external communications, and monitor organization performance against strategic goals. Learn to transform your organization’s strategic plan to action plans, linking and aligning organizational to individual action plans.
This course aims to provide feedback between your internal business processes and external outcomes in order to continuously improve strategic performance and results.
Who should attend
The program is designed for supervisors, managers, business heads, and employees involved in performance and strategic management system who already have the knowledge in using the balanced scorecard or those who have attended the balanced scorecard basics.
After the course, you will:
- Discover the core factors that give life to balanced scorecard development and implementation;
- Understand the balanced scorecard as a strategic management system, a strategic framework for action and a communication system;
- Understand the concepts of strategy maps, strategic initiatives, key performance indicators, and targets as key components of the balanced scorecard;
- Learn and apply the concepts in developing a balanced scorecard for your organization or division/department/unit;
- Align and link the balanced scorecard with other departments/units and with other organizational systems;
- Transform the balanced scorecard from performance measurement to strategic management; and
- Design action plans and share individual commitments for the development, enhancement and sustainability of using the balanced scorecard in your own organization.
- Understanding the balanced scorecard
- Strategic framework for action
- Strategic management system
- Communication system
- The balanced scorecard process
- Planning, training, and set-up
- Balanced scorecard development
- Balanced scorecard implementation and monitoring
- Balanced scorecard evaluation
- Key components of a modern balanced scorecard
- Strategy map
- Strategic initiatives
- Key performance indicators and targets
- Balanced scorecard design and development
- Performance objectives and measures
- Cause-and-effect linkages (strategy maps) and initiatives
- Setting targets and prioritizing initiatives
- Organizational alignment
- Linkages of the balanced scorecard with other organizational system
- Transforming the balanced scorecard from performance measurement to strategic management
Dr. Rosario C. Alzona
is an independent organization development consultant. Some of her expertise includes organizational assessment, culture management, change management, strategic operational planning, procedures formulation, and learning & development.
Prior to this, she was affiliated with other organizations, such as: Enchanted Kingdom, Sun
Microsystems Philippines, Inc., Andersen Consulting, Sol Open Resource Center, Nutrition Center of the Philippines, Educational Planning and Research Center, and the Philippine Council for Agriculture and Natural Resources Research and Development.
Dr. Alzona has a Bachelors and Masters degree in Statistics from the University of the Philippines. She earned her Doctorate degree in Organization Development from the Southeast Asia Interdisciplinary Development Institute. Further, she has completed other professional programs, such as: Certificate in Strategic Human Resource Transformation and Organization Development and Institute for Attractions Managers.