Advanced Market Research & Insighting: Consumer Needsfinding & Market Sensemaking
Cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic
Early Eagle Rate:
Management practitioners know that to create impactful strategies they need to respond to their customers’ needs and differentiate from their competitors’ strategies and strengths. Unfortunately, customers cannot easily articulate, let alone identify, the needs and motivations that influence their purchase behaviors. Traditional research methods such as surveys and focus groups are cannot uncover these insights.
Enter Advanced Market Research & Insighting, which features methods and philosophies related to discovering people’s explicit and implicit needs and realizing how certain companies resonate better with customers.
In this one-of-a-kind course, the participants will learn and practice new approaches to consumer and market insighting that are anchored on human sciences like psychology and anthropology, disciplines that have developed effective ways to understand how people behave.
The course also presents a deeper and more effective way to understand the strengths and weaknesses of both a company’s competitors and the company itself in relation to the identified consumer insights.
Who should attend
- Strategists, executives and entrepreneurs.
- Brand managers and marketing executives.
- Market researchers
- Creative practitioners and social entrepreneurs.
The course's overall objective is to equip the participants with the knowledge, attitude and skills to immerse in the people and markets that populate their respective industries and identify groundbreaking and game-changing insights.
- Generate strategic consumer insights based on identifying unsatisfied and deep-seated needs and wants.
- Unlock and decode non-articulated and unconscious psychological imprints that influence consumer behavior.
- Identify the specific strategies and programs of your competitor's that resonate with customers.
- Identify the vulnerabilities and weaknesses of your competitors.
- Develop new ways to segment your customers and competitors.
The Four Layers of Customer Needs
- A human sciences approach to understanding and classifying the various layers of needs that drive consumer behavior
Consumer Insighting via Social Anthropology/Ethnography
- Understanding the various steps and touchpoints of your customer's journey from decision making to purchasing and using.
- Identifying consumer workarounds, irritants and thoughtless acts.
- Understanding the socio-cultural history of your product and industry.
Consumer Insighting via Psychology
- Decoding the psychological imprints that drive customer motivation and behaviors.
- Projective techniques that reveal the customer's unconscious needs.
- Various models of customer needs
Competitor and Company Analysis
- Identifying your Competitor's strengths and weaknesses vis-a-vis the customers' needs.
- Identifying your Company's strengths and weaknesses vis-a-vis the customers' needs and competitors' strategies and programs.
Mr. Aaron Palileo is the co-founder of CIA Bootleg Manila, a consumer insighting and creative brand strategizing firm in Manila. He is also the ASEAN Director of Creative Intelligence Associates: The Brand Architect Group.
As a management consultant and educator, he has worked with international companies based in the Philippines like Accenture Philippines, FWD Insurance, Globe, Pepsi Philippines, Servier Pharmaceuticals, Unilab and Wyeth Nutrition. He has also consulted and trained many medium to large scale Philippine companies.
He has written and co-written books, articles and case studies on management creativity and innovation. He teaches in the Master in Entrepreneurship and Master in Social Entrepreneurship programs of Ateneo Graduate School of Business. He is also the Program Director for AGSB-CCE's Marketing and Branding Innovation Programs
He is an experienced marketer, having brand-managed Bic Lighters & Shavers, Chupa Chups Lollipops, Freixenet Wines, Gingerbon Candies, Haribo Gummies, Kodak Films, Pez Candy and other multinational brands from US, Europe & Asia.