The Art of Directing People: Theater Skills for Business
To inquire more about our courses, you may call our Program Sales Officers at 830.20.50 or email us at email@example.com
Take center stage! Be part of a “highly volatile and emotionally-charged” environment of the theater that produced many successful directors, who have learned the art of leading people.
Engage in theater-based exercises as a way to appreciate the essential tasks of leadership and management in a corporate or institutional setting. Using the work of a stage director as framework, you will establish the experiential basis on which to reflect on the practice of leadership and management.
Who should attend
Business executives and leaders, managers, supervisors, directors, and professionals who want to learn how to creatively lead their teams.
After the course, you will:
- Appreciate how theater exercises could be used in a corporate setting; and
- Apply new and creative techniques to effectively lead and encourage your team in reaching the company’s mission and vision.
Experience how a leader can direct people better through:
- Articulating thoughts and feelings
- Formulating a vision and getting others to share it
- Enlisting support and teamwork
- Making tough decisions and dealing with their consequences
- Overcoming constraints due to limited resources
- Dealing sympathetically and creatively with diverse human problems
Dr. Ricardo G. Abad
is a board member and the artistic director of Metropolitan Theater Guild Foundation, the coordinator for Theatre Arts, Fine Arts Program of Ateneo de Manila University, and a professor from the Department of Sociology and Anthropology of the same university.
"Galing! Keep up the very dynamic methodology of training people." - Arlan IT Manager, PHILUSA Corporation