July 05, 2021 - July 10, 2021
Schedule via Zoom:
July 5, 7, & 8, 2021
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
July 10, 2021
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Synchronous sessions via Zoom
Asynchronous sessions via access to the AteneoBlueCloud (Canvas LMS)
Early Eagle Rate:
June 21, 2021
Businesses depend on successful brands and successful brands require focus to continue responding to its target market, investment to ensure revitalizing life cycles and consistency to build them long-term. But how do you create brands that engage consumers? What makes brands strong?
This course is designed to make the participant go through the journey of creating, building, measuring and managing brands by providing an overview of the basic principles and frameworks for brand management through topic lectures, hands-on exercises and a brand audit group exercise.
Who should attend
- Grounding for new marketing practitioners
- Refresher for mid-level to senior marketing managers
- Appreciation for non-marketer, senior managers and decision makers exposed to brand management and marketing functions gearing for general management and senior leadership.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Develop brands that clearly connect to its target audience;
2. Make the appropriate decisions in managing brands through the application of various strategic and portfolio management frameworks as well as the use of key brand measurement techniques to diagnose and manage brand health; and
3. Course-correct brand strategies by assessing a brand’s status, analyzing options and formulating the best strategic direction to achieve its objectives.
I. Definitions and Importance
A. The Difference Between Brands and Products
B. The Value of Brands
C. What is Brand Management? Why Is It Important?
II. Creating a Brand
A. Brief Review of STP
B. The Brand Identity Prism
C. Creating A Coherent Brand Identity
III. The Marketing Funnel: From Awareness to Loyalty
A. Traditional Funnel
B. The New Digital Buyer Journey
C. The STEPPS Framework
IV. Managing Brands
A. Understanding the Context of the Brand
- 5Cs and PESTLE analysis
B. The 7Ps of Brands
C. Life Cycles and Portfolio Analysis
- BCG Matrix
- Arthur D Little Matrix
D. Surviving the Life Cycle
- Brand Repositioning
- Brand Extensions and Brand Architecture
- Brand Innovation
V. Measuring Brands
A. Key Brand Metrics
- Brand Equity Measures
B. How Brand Decisions Affect the P&L
VI. The Brand Audit
A. Brand Audit Group Exercise
Ms. Gold Tantoco is the Founder of and Managing Consultant at Idea M Innovation, Design and Marketing Consultancy as well as the President of Prism Gallery.
Ms. Tantoco has over 30 years of solid multi-brand and multi-country Marketing and General Management experience from various local and multinational companies such as Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo, SC Johnson & Son, Inc., Jollibee Foods Corporation, Century Pacific Food, Inc. and Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. Throughout her career, she grew over 40 brands in 14 categories and across 3 countries, recipient of numerous marketing, innovation and advertising awards.
She graduated from the University of the Philippines with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Magna Cum Laude) and units towards a Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Industrial Design degree. She also received a Master of Business Administration degree from the same university where she graduated Salutatorian of the class.