Developing Assertiveness for Leaders (The Confidence Advantage)
January 22, 2023 - January 26, 2023
Schedule via Zoom:
January 22, 23, 25 & 26, 2024
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Early Eagle Rate:
January 08, 2023
“Seek first to understand, then to be understood.” - Stephen Covey
Assertiveness is at the heart of your relationship with yourself and with others. It is a confident, respectful demeanor that allows you to coact effectively with others, being aware of other people's needs, besides your own. It helps you to better manage yourself, people and situations; to influence others in order to gain acceptance, agreement or behavior change.
Developing Assertiveness for Leaders is your confidence advantage. It provides the “why” it is important that you act assertively in professional and personal situations especially during moments of vulnerability, as well as the “how” you can carry this out.
It clarifies how your behavioral style impacts your overall performance in your organization as you take control of situations without threatening or alienating others.
Who should attend
This Program is for career men and women, professionals, people in management & leadership engaged in continuous improvement.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Gain more confidence, decisiveness and respect;
- Honestly express their feelings and needs in a non-confrontational manner; and
- Key up their personal and business relationships to become more authentic.
• What does it mean to be assertive
• Why being assertive is so difficult for so many people
• The passive - assertive - aggressive continuum
• Why assertiveness makes sense
II. Becoming More Assertive
• The emotional audit
• Assessing behavioral styles
• Defining and understanding our differences
• A modern model for interpersonal chemistry
III. Healthy Assertiveness
• Criticism, feedback, and the power of praise
• Handling manipulative behavior in others
• Developing assertive messages
• Putting empathy into action
IV. What Do You Really Want
• Achieving balance in being assertive
• Setting personal boundaries
• Creating your Assertiveness Action Plan
Ms. Maria Socorro (Baby) P. Jamias is a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach, a learning and development facilitator, a capability-building consultant. She works with the academe, government, and various business organizations. Her expertise includes strengths discovery and development, employee engagement, leadership and management, personal mastery.
Ms. Jamias was a faculty member of Far Eastern University, University of Sto. Tomas, Maryknoll (now Miriam) College, St. Joseph's College, and Ateneo de Manila.
She completed her Master of Arts degree in Linguistics at the Ateneo de Manila University. She has a Certificate in Organization Development from the Ateneo Human Resources Center. She likewise took graduate studies in Education, Drama, and Speech at the University of the Philippines, University of Sto. Tomas, and Ateneo de Manila University respectively.
Currently, she is Program Director of the Happiness at Work Series and the Personal Mastery Series of the Ateneo Center for Continuing Education.