Introduction to Copywriting
August 06, 2019 - August 07, 2019
Tuesday - Wednesday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Early Eagle Rate:
July 23, 2019
Promoting brands whether they are for a product or a service will need both words (copy) and visuals (art). And while some people may have a knack for writing copy, it is a learnable craft as long as you're motivated. Whether you're a small business entrepreneur, a brand manager or a rookie writer with an interest in writing copy – you will find something new to learn from this course. Copy is essential to any campaign whether it's writing headlines for a press campaign, scripts for radio or television commercials or content for websites, display ads, etc.
You'll be exposed to some of the best samples of copywriting from award winning press, radio and TV campaigns from our local market scene in the Philippines as well as the best from the world. You'll learn tips on what words and phrases to use in order to get attention, motivate, and elicit action from your target audience.
Who should attend
Aspiring copywriters or people who are tasked to lead and manage the development of advertising campaigns for the clients as well as the agency. Marketers, sales managers, writers who create content for digital medium, and bloggers will benefit from this basic introduction in the art and craft of writing copy.
After the course, you will:
- Gain a better understanding of how copy can make a difference in selling;
- Learn by doing via writing exercises;
- Appreciate how words and visuals work hand-in-hand to create effective advertising campaigns in press, radio, television, as well as in digital.
- Introduction to advertising
- A brief history of advertising and how it developed over time
- The rise of art & copy teams and the introduction of strategic planning
- It all starts from the strategy and the insight
- Strategic thinking is the creative before the “Creatives”
- Consumer insight - what is it really?
- Writing for print
- Writing effective headlines
- Tips on writing compelling print ads and posters
- Creating stories for radio & television
- “What’s the story?” and “why should you care?”
- Making it work in 30 seconds and less
- Creating compelling content for digital
- Writing beyond display ads to videos
Ms. Kathleen Mojica
has over twenty years’ experience in advertising and eight years as facilitator. She was a copywriter at a small ad agency called Minds and at McCann Erickson Philippines, where she later became Creative Director. In 2000 she was sent to lead and train the creative team at the McCann office in Vietnam.
She has conceptualized ad campaigns for local and international brands – among them: Johnson & Johnson, Coca-Cola, McDonalds, Unilab, Del Monte, Nestle, Walls, HP, Sulit.com.ph. She has also done creative work on advocacy projects for the National Nutrition Council, the Mindanao Peace Process, and Voting Empowerment for PWDs (Persons with Disability) for the Asia Foundation. She has also voiced TV and radio commercials and corporate videos.
In 2009 she became a Facilitator at HCD Asia-Pacific, and since 2013 has been building her Coaching skills. She delivers workshops on Communication Skills, Creativity, Influencing Skills, Presentation skills, Personal Branding, Emotional Intelligence, Peer Coaching, and Leadership Presence.
She has facilitated programs for multinational corporations in the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Ms. Mojica is a Communication Arts Graduate of the University of Santo Tomas.