November 09, 2022 - November 19, 2022
Schedule via Zoom:
November 9, 10, 16, 17, 2022
Wednesdays & Thursdays
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
November 12 & 19, 2022
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Early Eagle Rate:
October 26, 2022
With the current state of the domestic and global financial markets, this may not be the most auspicious time “to go public,” but it undoubtedly can be the perfect time to learn and understand the process.
This process––of “going public” or, in laymen's terms, simply the sale and distribution of a new offering of securities––has traditionally been associated with the term “investment banking.” The association has a strong foundation, but through the years, this traditional view of investment banking has radically been transformed to include many other revenue-generating and support activities.
This online module provides the participants with a broad view of today's investment banking while staying focused on its primary function, i.e., securities underwriting. Participants are given a guided tour of how security issues are packaged, registered, underwritten, issued, listed, purchased and sold in the secondary market. They are given detailed step-by-step illustration of how particular securities are offered to the public via private placements and initial public offerings (IPO). Various valuation techniques and pricing considerations are reviewed in relation to the topic/s being discussed. The role of venture capital and asset securitization in funds-raising will also be discussed.
Who should attend
This module is highly recommended for investment bankers, business professionals and entrepreneurs, and other finance practitioners involved, one way or another, in structuring ways of tapping the financial markets as potential sources of capital. Those familiar with or have adequate working knowledge of company valuations, business acquisitions and basic business statistics, specifically, regression and variance analyses, standard deviation, etc., will find this module most meaningful and beneficial.
Successful completion of this module enables the participants to:
- Identify and assess suitable IPO candidates;
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of public offerings;
- Prepare SEC-required registration statements and other supporting documents, e.g., the prospectus, underwriting agreement, disclosure statements, historical as well as projected financial statements, etc.;
- Offer strategy, valuation, pricing and timing advice to IPO candidates;
- Appropriately coordinate public issues with accountants, lawyers and regulatory bodies; and
- Manage security underwritings for their firms.
The course, which employs lectures, interactive discussions, case studies and practical application exercises, covers the following areas:
- Investment banking and the money and capital markets: a brief introduction
- Rationale and applicable frameworks for going public
- Applicable laws and regulations
- Identification and selection of suitable candidates
- Preparation of registration statements, prospectuses and other relevant documentation
- Determination of offering strategy, valuing, pricing and timing of the issue
- Coordination with underwriting and selling agents and other consultants
- Listing in the Philippines Stock Exchange
- After issuance/listing responsibilities
- Role of venture capital and asset securitization in funds raising
Ms. Noemi T. Villanueva is First Vice President and Head of Corporate Finance Team 2 of BDO Capital & Investment Corporation (“BDO Capita;”) where she leads a team in originating and executing capital market deals. She was formerly Head of Client Advisory of BDO Capital. She concurrently serves as Treasurer of Armstrong Securities, Inc. Prior to her assignment in BDO Capital, Ms. Villanueva was connected with PCI Capital Corporation for more than 20 years where she was involved in corporate finance, account management, and accounting and administration.
Ms. Villanueva holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business and a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from University of Santo Tomas. She is a Certified Public Accountant.