Leading Your Team in a VUCA World
March 28, 2022 - April 01, 2022
Schedule via Zoom:
March 28, 29, 31, & April 1, 2022
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
*Free 30 mins coaching per participant
Early Eagle Rate:
March 14, 2022
How does one lead a team in chronic VUCA?
VUCA stands for Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, and Ambiguous and is short-hand for unpredictable change that impact many stakeholders and many, if not all, interconnected parts of a system. A leader may navigate a VUCA situation through VUCA Prime skills: Vision, Understanding, Clarity, and Agility.
Who should attend
Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers of Teams
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to use leadership tools to help their teams perform better in a VUCA situation
- Define and give examples of VUCA situations in their teams
- Know and Identify the transition curves that they and their teams are on
- Use VUCA Prime tools to
A. Develop a personal vision for the team
B. Enhance team psychological safety
C. Conduct a dialogue
D. Clarify priorities and leverage points for moving forward
E. Sustain team learning
Module 1: VUCA, the Pandemic, and your team
• VUCA yesterday, today, and tomorrow
• The three transition curves in VUCA
• Adaptive vs Technical Leadership
Module 2: Where there is Volatility, Vision
• Sensing the emerging future: who do you need to be to lead in VUCA?
• Craft a narrative or metaphor of the team’s journey
Module 3: Where there is Uncertainty, Understanding
• Enhance Team Psychological Safety
• Foster Dialogue: Practice Advocacy and Inquiry
Module 4: Where there is Complexity, Clarity
• Complex vs Complicated
• Connection circles: Seeing the behavior of VUCA in your system
• The Iceberg of Change: Identifying high leverage interventions
Module 5: Where there is Ambiguity, Agility
• Continuous learning cycle: design, implement, assess, improve
• Futurespective: a tool for building agility into your team
Ms. Czarina B. Teves is an organization, leadership, and personal transformation consultant with 25 years’ experience in the private and public sectors. She is a resource person on organizational change, leadership, systems thinking, coaching and mentoring.
She is a certified Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered executive coach who practices systemic and Jungian coaching. Her coaching engagements include leaders in QSR, telco, infotech, design, national, regional, and local government sectors.
She is a Certified Action Learning Coach (CALC) and has coached action learning teams for Energy Development Corp, Accenture, Department of Trade and Industry, Department of Health, and Department of Education, and the Zuellig Family Foundation.
Ms. Teves is a Certified Master Facilitator for Team Psychological Safety (TPS) and has used this to develop team practices for executive, leadership, and work teams.
She is currently the secretary of the board of directors of the International Coach Federation Philippines.