February 28, 2023 - March 08, 2023
Schedule via Zoom:
February 28, March 1, 7, & 8, 2023
5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Early Eagle Rate:
February 14, 2023
Services dominate the economy and our daily life. Growth of the service sector in global economies is significant and nearly all companies regard service as vital to retaining customers. Even manufacturing companies, once dependent on tangible goods, now recognize service as a provider of sustainable competitive advantage and business growth.
Marketing and managing services, however, present certain challenges due to the unique characteristics of services. This program will tackle service marketing concepts, approaches and strategies for developing and delivering high quality and profitable services to promote customer loyalty and strengthen your company's position in a highly competitive market.
This course is graded and may be credited to the Marketing Diploma Program. Certificate of Completion will be issued once the student meets the attendance and academic requirements.
Who should attend
1. Marketing and sales professionals as well as entrepreneurs who want a better understanding of how to market products in a more accurate, insightful creative and systematic manner.
2. Middle management professionals preparing for general management positions.
After the course, you will:
1. Understand the general concepts of services: definition, categories, uniquecharacteristics, difference from tangible goods;
2. Identify the factors that influence the customer's service experience;
3. Build a service model by applying the expanded marketing mix; and
4. Learn service strategies to satisfy and retain customers and to build competitive advantage across industries.
I. Foundations for Services Marketing
A. Introduction to Services
B. Why services marketing?
C. Services versus goods
D. Distinctive characteristics of services
II. The Service Consumption Process: Understanding the customer experience
A. Pre-purchase stage
B. Service encounter stage
C. Post-encounter stage
III. The Expanded Services Marketing Mix
A. The 4Ps + Process, Physical environment, People
- Managing service processes
- Designing the service environment
- Managing people for service advantage
IV. Managing the Service Promise: Strive for service excellence
A. Building relationships: satisfying and delighting customers
- The service quality model
- Using the voice of the customer to identify relevant service metrics
- Measuring customer satisfaction
Ms. Anamaria M. Mercado has several years of experience in the fields of business development and management, process improvement, and training & development. Her corporate life included 12 years in a multinational company where she started as a Marketing Analyst and later became a Group Manager for Sales and Marketing. Over those years, she worked with various types of customers (direct end-users and corporate accounts) and a mix of trade partners including distributors, dealers and retailers. She began her professional training and consulting work as Country Manager in an international consulting firm where she provided training and coaching services to companies across multiple industries.
Currently, she co-manages a research company specializing in measuring customer experiences, and co-owns two franchise companies. She is the Program Director for Service Excellence and Six Sigma Programs in the Ateneo Center for Continuing Education and a faculty member of the Ateneo Graduate School of Business.
Ms. Mercado has a Bachelors degree in Business Economics and post-graduate units in Professional Education from the University of the Philippines. She also has a Masters Degree in Business Administration from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business.