Strategic Management for Health and Healthcare
To inquire more about our courses, you may call our Program Sales Officers at 830.20.50 or email us at email@example.com
Early Eagle Rate:
This is an integrative course that enables participants to implement strategic cross-functional decisions towards the attainment of their health, health-related and professional organizations’ vision, mission and objectives using strategic management principles.
Who should attend
The program provides management education to administrators of health service organizations, healthcare managers of organizations operating within the healthcare system, medical doctors and allied health professionals with management positions or preparing for management positions, and other professionals working in health organizations and facilities.
After the course, learners are expected to:
- Develop vision and mission statements;
- Identify strategic issues and relevant external and internal factors for the health industry;
- Develop initial strategic and financial objectives;
- Formulate initial strategies and programs/action plans; and
- Design a balanced scorecard or a monitoring system.
- Introduction to the strategic management process
- Analysis and formulation of the vision and mission
- External and internal analysis
- Identification of strategic issues and formulation of strategies
- Designing a balanced scorecard or a monitoring system
Dr. Gloanne C. Adolor
is currently an Assistant Professor at the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health where she teaches Medical, Management and Leadership subjects. She is a consultant in Internal Medicine and the Research Chairman of the Department of Internal Medicine at Quezon City General Hospital. She holds clinical practice at the Lung Center of the Philippines. She obtained her BS Pharmacy degree from the University of the Philippines, her MD degree from the University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center and trained in Internal Medicine at Quezon City General. Dr. Adolor also has an MBA with a major in Health from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business and is completing her PhD in Leadership (Organization Development) also at Ateneo. Her research interests include intergroup leadership, health economics, social entrepeneurship and counterproductive behavior among middle managers.