Training and Organizational Needs Analysis
October 03, 2019 - October 04, 2019
Thursday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Early Eagle Rate:
September 19, 2019
Training or organizational development specialists are responsible to make people interventions that influence the future strategies and success of the organization. To fulfill this mission, all interventions should match the needs or requirements of the organization and the people in it.
Training & Organizational Needs Analysis is a two-day program that examines the process of identifying and analyzing needs for training or organizational development purposes. It starts with measurable pointers for needs analysis, formulating instruments for gathering information, evaluating results for development issues and identifying best training or other interventions for change.
Training and Organizational Needs Analysis is part of theEmpowered Trainer’s Development Program Series.
Who should attend
The program is designed for training and organizational development specialists, entry level training officers, managers and supervisors who are directly involved in staff and/or unit development, and to non-HR persons who need to learn and understand HR functions and processes.
After the course, you will:
- Identify triggers that will start a need analysis for training or organization evaluation;
- Formulate appropriate methods and instruments to generate the required information;
- Differentiate between individual and group strategies in data gathering techniques and measurement;
- Evaluate and interpret results utilizing statistical methodologies; and
- Present findings and recommendations to clients.
- Introduction and rationale
- Business strategy and needs analysis
- Starting the analysis with triggers
- Application: Trigger analysis for actual organization
- Conducting Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- What is a training need?
- Rationale for TNA
- Standards and measurements of jobs
- Steps for conducting TNA
- Practicum #1: Trigger analysis for TNA
- One-on-one methodologies for TNA
- Practicum #2: Formulating TNA instruments
- Conducting organizational needs analysis
- Organizational diagnosis model (systems, environment, and training)
- Samples of organizational development instruments
- Practicum #3: Formulating organizational needs instrument
- Group methodologies for data gathering
- Focus Group Discussion (FGD)
- Brainstorming card sort observation report
- Practicum #4: Implementing FGD and brainstorming techniques
- Analyzing needs analysis results
- Formulating measures of results
- Statistical methodologies for analysis
- Presentation of results
- Data presentation format
- Making effective change recommendations
Mr. Armando T. Bongco, Jr
is a Professional Management and Organization Development Consultant specializing in leadership supervisory and management development, strategic planning, performance management, coaching and counseling, training and development, human resource for line leaders, and organization transformation.
He was a Consultant and HRDG Manager of United Laboratories, Inc., Senior Manager for Organization Development and Training Manpower Department of First Holdings Group of Companies, Head for Manpower Training and Development Department of the Human Resources Division of Ayala Group of Companies, and Staff Planning Assistant for the Human Resources Division- San Miguel Corporation.
Mr. Bongco was trained and certified as an official instructor for Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Program by Kepner and Tregoe, Inc., Interaction Management by Development Dimension International, Inc., and Problem Solving and Decision Making by Decision Processes, Inc. He participated and completed numerous seminars conducted by leading foreign and domestic consultancy firms in various areas of HRM.
"The program has extremely exceeded my expectation. There was a balance between activities and lecture. The facilitator made it very easy to understand."
- Nico Gamboa Team Supervisor, PIMS