The Ateneo Center for Continuing Education (CCE) supplements and complements the Ateneo Graduate School of Business' (AGSB) program offerings by addressing issue-specific industry concerns that require immediate, purposeful, and focused response. CCE is an industry resource and partner, doing advocacy on emerging critical issues and convening interested entities so that together, they can tackle a common concern.
CCE is imbued with a deep sense of mission to serve others in unique and remarkable ways. Conscious of its vital role in society, the Center continuously improves its products and services in a creative, innovative, and trend-setting way to address the changing needs of clients.
This Privacy Notice tells you about our policy regarding the personal data we collect, as well as certain details about the way we use, or otherwise process such data.
How We Collect, Acquire, or Generate Information
The Center collects, acquires, or generates personal data through various means and venues, such as: (a) during your application or registration to a training program, (b) during your registration or participation in internal or external events, such as, but not limited to conferences, learning sessions, fairs and exhibitions, sponsored and other social events <organized by CCE and/or its partners (c) through referrals of participants who have previously attended a training program in CCE (c) through contracts signed with companies and other organizations that engage CCE in institutional or customize training programs; (d) through transactions in person, over the phone or email, through the website when you sign up to the mailing list, download materials, or request for additional information from CCE.
There will also be times when we will acquire other forms of data like pictures or videos of activities you participate in, via official documentation of such activities, or through recordings from closed-circuit security television cameras installed within the Center’s premises.
When an individual’s personal data is provided by an organization or another person, we ask such organization or individual to certify that the consent of the individual concerned has been properly obtained, except when or unless such consent is not required by law.
Information We Collect, Acquire, or Generate
The information about you that we collect, acquire, or generate come in many forms. They may consist of written records, photographic and video images, digital material, and even biometric records. Examples include:
- Information you provide us during your registration to a training program. When you register with us, we collect, among others, directory information, like your name, email address, telephone number, and other contact details.
- Information we collect or generate after registration and during the course of your stay with us. After you join or enroll in any of our programs, we may also collect additional information about you, including: (a) courses you enroll in; (b) training performance; (c) attendance record.
How We Use Your Information
To the extent permitted or required by law, we use your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests as an educational institution, including a variety of academic, administrative, research, historical, and statistical purposes. For example, we may use the information we collect for purposes such as:
- evaluating applications for admission to the Center
- recording, generating, and maintaining trainee records
- recording, storing, and evaluating trainee coursework, such as homework, seatwork, quizzes, long tests, exams, term papers, theses, culminating or integrating projects, research papers, reflection papers, essays and presentations
- recording, generating, and maintaining records, whether manually, electronically, or by other means, of grades, academic history, class schedules and class attendance
- establishing and maintaining trainee database/information systems
- sharing of grades between and among faculty members, and others with legitimate official need, for academic deliberations and evaluation of student performance
- investigating incidents that relate to trainee behavior and implementing disciplinary measures;
- maintaining directories and trainee records
- providing services such as parking and safety and security
- communicating official school announcements
- sharing marketing and promotional materials regarding related functions, events, projects, and activities of the Center
- soliciting your support, financial or otherwise, for programs, projects, and events of the Center;
- sharing your information with persons or institutions as provided below
How We Share, Disclose, or Transfer Your Information
To the extent permitted or required by law, we may also share, disclose, or transfer your personal data to other persons or organizations in order to uphold your interests and/or pursue our legitimate interests as an educational institution. For example, we may share, disclose, or transfer your personal data for purposes such as:
- class lists and class schedules, online, in school bulletin boards, or other places within the campus;
- sharing of some information with your employer/organization regarding the status of your training (where such employer/organization has sponsored your training)
- distribution of the list of graduates and awardees in preparation for and during commencement exercises;
- reporting and/or disclosure of information to Bureau of Immigration
- sharing of information with partner associations and other organizations for purposes of entities or organizations for purposes of conferment of certification
- use of photos, videos, and other information in order to promote the Center, including its activities and events, through marketing or advertising materials, such as brochures, website posts, newspaper advertisements, physical and electronic bulletin boards, and other media;
- publication of communications with journalistic content, such as news information in University publications, and social media sites;
- providing information such as class lists and photos to partners, such as sponsoring companies or institutional clients
- compliance with court orders, subpoenas and/or other legal obligations.
In line with the DPA, there will be instances wherein we will obtain your consent before we share, disclose, or transfer your information.
How We Store and Retain Your Information
Your personal data is stored and transmitted securely in a variety of paper and electronic formats, including databases that are shared between the University’s different units or offices. Access to your personal data is limited to University personnel who have a legitimate interest in them for the purpose of carrying out their respective duties or functions.
Information are retained for as long as the purpose for their collection or generation remains unfulfilled. Where a retention period is provided by law and/or a University policy, all affected records will be securely disposed of after such period. Should you require more information about the retention period of specific types of information, you reach out to us through any of our contact information, or via the details provided below.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Data
We recognize your rights with respect to your personal data, as provided by the DPA. If you wish to exercise any of your rights, or should you have any concern or question regarding them, this Notice, or any matter involving the University and data privacy, you may contact the University Data Protection Office (UDPO) at:
Complaints / Security Incidents: email@example.com
Landline: +63 2 426-6001, loc. 4801
Address: Rm 200, Manila Observatory, Ateneo de Manila University
Changing This Policy
We may, from time to time, make changes to this Policy. On such occasions, we will let you know through our website and, when permissible, other means of communication. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting on the website.
Other University Policies
Other policies of the University, which are not inconsistent with this one, will continue to apply. If any provision of this Policy is found to be unenforceable or invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision will not affect the validity of the other provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.