The Art of Service Recovery
March 17, 2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Early Eagle Rate:
March 03, 2020
“A person who commits a mistake and doesn't correct it is committing another mistake.” – Confucius
Customer’s complaints are a valuable feedback mechanism that can help organizations rapidly strengthen products, service style, and market focus.
The Art of Service Recovery will help you learn methods to effectively handle complaints, transforming them into valuable consumer insights that will help your organization improve its processes, and in turn, be of better service to your customers.
Who should attend
- Sales, marketing, and customer service personnel, supervisors, and managers of all industries; and
- Proprietors and entrepreneurs of all industries.
After the course, you will:
- Appreciate the rationale for service recovery (in relation to service delivery and service quality);
- Develop a philosophy to win customers back;
- Understand the elements of a complaint;
- Learn appropriate words and actions when dealing with difficult customers; and
- Create an organizational framework and process for complaints handling and effective service recovery.
- Introduction to service recovery
- What is service recovery and why do we do it?
- Customer lifetime value
- Complaints dissected
- The dissatisfied customer
- Customer expectations
- Categories of dissatisfied customers
- Why customers complain and why customers don't complain
- The service recovery process
- Creating a service recovery system
- Identify service problems
- Resolve problems effectively
- Learn from the recovery experience
- Responding to written complaints
- Preventing service breakdowns: Identifying service gaps
Ms. Anamaria M. Mercado (Service Excellence)
is the Program Director of Six Sigma Certification Programs at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business - Center for Continuing Education. She is a certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt (MBB), receiving her certification after a five-week training session in the United States and a two-year full-time assignment as a Process Improvement Deployment Manager. Six Sigma is a process improvement methodology using process and statistical analysis. As a Six Sigma MBB, she helped launch the process improvement initiative in her former company and managed multiple projects across the organization, improving process performance and customer satisfaction while delivering financial benefits.
She worked with a number of companies from various industries providing process improvement consulting services in training and coaching. She also has professional experience in sales and marketing management, as well as in training and development.
Ms. Mercado holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics and postgraduate units in Professional Education from the University of the Philippines. She also has a Master’s degree in Business Administration from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business.