Introduction to Big Data
Cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic
St. Giles Makati Hotel
Makati Avenue, Corner Kalayaan Ave, Makati, 1209 Metro Manila
Early Eagle Rate:
March 07, 2020
Managing and processing data is crucial for tactical and strategic decision making. The amount of data our businesses are trying to comprehend continues to grow exponentially and traditional analytical applications can no longer effectively manage and process this ever-growing data. This ever-growing data has been coined as “Big Data” and it is necessary for all companies to have, at the very least, cursory knowledge on how to tackle this relatively new form of information.
This course program is for those new to Data Science and interested in understanding Big Data and its history. The course program will explain Big Data concepts including the tools and roles. This course program will also provide real world Big Data problems and its applications.
Who should attend
This is an introductory course ideal for:
- Business Managers
- Data Analysts
- Sales People and Marketers
After the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the history of Big Data and its impact to business.
- Explain the basics of Big Data concepts
- Understand the V’s of Big Data – Variety, Velocity, Veracity and Volume.
- Appreciate the required skills and processes to acquire and process big data.
- The Dilemma of Data and the Impact of Social Media, IOT and Search Engines
- The History of Big Data and Data Science
- A Glossary of Big Data Terms
- The V’s of Big Data (Volume, Velocity, Veracity and Variety) and how each is important in defining how you treat your data
- Big Data Problems vs. non-Big Data problems
- Typical Big Data / Data Architecture
- A Brief Big Data Analytics Overview
Mr. Charles Benedict Chan
is the General Manager of Neural Mechanics handling the company’s diverse set of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning based products.
He started his professional career in Globe Telecom as a Business Management Associate and eventually moved on to become a Senior Product Manager handling Value Added Services and Convergent Services for Globe Broadband. He then transferred to Singapore to work for Procter and Gamble as a Regional Assistant Brand Manager handling multi-million dollar brands such as Pantene shampoos and Joy Dishwashing. He has also experience working for smaller, struggling brands including Braun beauty and grooming, and Fairy Dishwasher Tablets.
Mr. Chan earned his Bachelor’s degree in Marketing from the University of the Philippines – Iloilo Campus.