IT Disaster Recovery Fundamentals
Canceled due to COVID-19 pandemic
Early Eagle Rate:
February 13, 2020
The reliance of business on automation has never been greater, and we have never seen so many threats that could compromise systems and data before. With this IT/DR course, you will learn about your responsibilities, the benefits and drawbacks of the tools and processes available to you, and how your organization can increase its preparedness. You'll come away with the skills you need to create an
IT/DR project plan and gain management approval for it.
If you work in business continuity, IT, security, or a related field, and have an interest in your responsibilities when it comes to IT/DR, this interactive course is for you. If it's been a while since you were last certified, this is the perfect opportunity for you to get on top of the latest developments in IT/DR. The knowledge you gain will put you at the head of the pack professionally, and make you an asset to your organization.
Who should attend
IT Professionals responsible for IT Recovery.
After the course, you will:
- Understand the business continuity management (BCM) architecture and disciplines;
- Learn the role of IT/DR within business continuity management;
- Recognize issues involved with recovery of technology platforms and data;
- Evaluate current and new IT/DR technologies (real, virtual, cloud, co-location, hyper convergence, VDI, "as-a-Service" - IaaS/PaaS/SaaS/ etc., and "Software Defined" - storage/network/data center);
- Select strategic alternatives for the IT/DR process;
- Build, test, and implement the IT/DR process; and
- Integrate the business continuity management and IT/DR functions within your entity.
- Introduction to IT/DR
- IT Disaster Recovery Program Management
- Risk Assessment and Business Impact Analysis
- Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Cloud Computing
- Developing Information Technology Strategies
- Introduction to New IT/DR Technologies
Business Continuity Managers Association of the Philippines (BCMAP) was formed in 2006 with the goals to organize forums, conduct certification classes, and promote the best practices and standards of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery. BCMAP aims to address the needs of enterprises from various sectors in the country and ensure the protection of human lives and assets in the event of any disruption or crisis in business.
The group started to organize forums thru the sponsorship of companies like IBM, Citibank, ADB, BSP, ePLDT, Symantec, Meralco and Zuellig. They have also approached Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII) from the US and the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) from UK to provide subject matter experts on the professional
practices of business continuity. The forum continues to evolve and collaborate with various government agencies like NDRRMC, BFP, DOH and NGOs like WHO, Red Cross, Zuellig Foundation, among others to continue to promote the practice of Business Continuity in the country. They also encouraged and mentor practitioners to get certified as Business Continuity practitioners with DRII or The BCI to ensure implementation of best practices in the country.
The courses are delivered by seasoned practitioners on BC/DR. Some of their certified instructors are listed below:
• Mel Cabodil, CBCP, AMBCI, ITIL Professional
• Jaycee dela Cruz, CBCP, AMBCI, CBE, MBA
• Sebastian Puache, CBCP
• Carol Atido, CBCP
• Eugene Daga, CBCP
• Jeffrey Jardin, CBCP
• Joselito Capinpin, ABCP, PMP
• Eric Ugaddan, ABCP, NEBOSH Certified