Lean for Service
December 02, 2021 - December 10, 2021
Schedule via Zoom:
December 2-3, 9-10, 2021
Thursday - Friday
6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Learn how to improve your operations, stay competitive, and increase capacity with the use of Lean tools and techniques as a powerful methodology to achieve your strategic goals.
While the roots of Lean are in manufacturing, the Lean for Service program introduces Lean concepts and tools as applied to the Service industry.
Who should attend
Quality professionals and managers, operations analysts and managers, Green Belts, Black Belts, Master Black Belts, and any manager or professional who wants to improve the efficiency of operations, processes, and the organization
After the course, you will be able to:
1. Learn to apply the steps, approaches, tools, and techniques used to create Lean processes and Lean organization;
2. Recognize the purpose, objectives, results, and benefits of Lean;
3. Identify the waste and its drivers in your processes;
4. Use the Lean Pathway to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement; and
5. Learn the best way to plan and implement Lean
I. See the Waste
- Types of waste, value stream map, efficiency calculations
II. Prepare the Workplace
- Organization and workplace arrangement
III. Improve Daily Work
- Standardization, error-proofing
IV. Address Set-up and Maintenance
- Rapid changeover, integrated maintenance
V. Make Value Flow Faster
- Process pulse, visual management, one-piece flow and pull, signaling, leveling
Ms. Bim Mercado is a certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean Practitioner. She received her certification after six weeks of training in the US and a two-year full-time assignment as a Six Sigma Deployment Manager. She is also the Program Director of Six Sigma Certification Programs at the Ateneo Graduate School - Center for Continuing Education.
As a Deployment Manager, she helped launch the continuous improvement initiative in her former company. She managed multiple projects across the organization, improving process performance and customer satisfaction while delivering financial benefits.
Further, she has professional experience in sales and marketing management, as well as in training and development. Over the years, Ms. Mercado has concentrated on providing training and coaching services to various clients across industries, particularly in the areas of business process improvement and service excellence.
Ms. Mercado has a degree in Business Economics and post-graduate units in Professional Education from the University of the Philippines. She also holds a Masters degree in Business Administration from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business.